Spaghetti in Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce
- 224 grams Brown Rice Spaghetti
- 402 grams Asparagus washed and trimmed
- 1 head Cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 Sweet Onion diced
- 4 Garlic cloves, minced and divided
- 1 Lemon juiced
- 180 milliliters Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 15 milliliters Extra Virgin Olive Oil divided
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper to taste
- 227 grams Chicken Breast Cooked
- Preheat oven to 425ºF (218ºC).
- Heat half your olive oil in a frying pan over medium-low heat. Saute onion for 5 minutes or until translucent. Add in half of your minced garlic cloves and stir for another minute. Remove from heat and set aside.
- On the stove, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Drop in your cauliflower florets and let cook for 5 to 6 minutes (or until tender when pierced with a fork).
- Place onion/garlic mix and cooked cauliflower in a blender. Add almond milk, lemon juice and season with salt and pepper to taste. Blend until a creamy consistency forms. (This may take some time. Add ¼ cup almond milk and blend again if mixture is too thick.)
- Add trimmed asparagus to a large mixing bowl. Toss with remaining extra virgin olive oil and minced garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Lay asparagus in a single layer across a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 12 minutes.
- In the mean time, bring a large pot of water to a boil and add brown rice spaghetti. Cook for 7 - 8 minutes. Remove from heat, strain and run cold water over pasta to prevent from over-cooking/getting mushy.
- Place pasta and asparagus into a large mixing bowl. Top with desired about of cauliflower "alfredo" sauce and toss well. Plate pasta and top with sliced chicken breast (optional). Drizzle with a lemon wedge and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Enjoy!