Shredded Brussels Sprouts Slaw with Crispy Lentils
Vegetarian winter dish that is great either as a main, or a side dish
- Baking Sheet
- 1 cup Puy Lentils cooked
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin Seeds raw
- 2 tsps Avocado Oil
- Sea Salt & black Pepper To taste
- 2 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp Maple Syrup
- 5 cups Brussels Sprouts Trimmed and very finely sliced
- 1/4 cup Pomegranate Seeds optional
- Preheat the oven to 190C (375F) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a medium bowl, add the lentils, pumpkin seeds, avocado oil, sea salt and pepper. Mix well to combine. Spread in an even layer on the baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Remove, shake the pan around and place back in the oven for 10 minutes more. Remove and set aside.
- In a small bowl or jar, add the extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, mustard and maple syrup. Shake well and season with salt and pepper as needed.
- If you wish, you can either have the Brussels sprouts raw, or you can blanch them very quickly in boiling water for 10 seconds, just to soften them a little.
- Add the brussels sprouts, lentils, pumpkin seeds and dressing to a large bowl. Toss to combine. Top with pomegranate seeds, if using. Divide onto plates, serve and enjoy!