Lentil Tahini Burgers with Sauerkraut
- 2 ⅔ cups Green Lentils cooked, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup Tahini
- ½ tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- ½ head Green Lettuce separated into leaves and washed
- ¼ cup Unsweetened Coconut Yogurt
- ½ cup Sauerkraut
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (177ºC) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor or blender, combine the lentils, tahini, salt and apple cider vinegar.
- Form the mixture into patties using about 1/4 cup of the mixture for each patty. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until warmed through and ﬁrm.
- Remove the burgers from the oven. Serve on a bed of lettuce and top with coconut yogurt and sauerkraut. Enjoy!
Leftovers: Refrigerate the burgers in an airtight container for up to 7 days. Freeze for up to two months. Add the toppings just before serving. Serving Size: One serving is equal to one 5- to 6-inch burger patty. More Flavour: Add cumin and fresh herbs to the lentil tahini mixture. Additional Toppings: Caramelized onions, feta, sautéed mushrooms and/or avocado. No Lettuce: Use whole grain bread, brown rice tortilla wraps, collard greens, swiss chard or omit completely.