Grilled Corn, Nectarine & Quinoa Salad
- ½ cup Quinoa (uncooked)
- 1 cup Water
- 2 ears Corn on the Cob (grilled or steamed and kernels removed)
- 2 Nectarine (pitted and cubed)
- ½ cup Red Onion (raw, ﬁnely sliced)
- ½ Cucumber (diced)
- ½ cup Coriander (chopped)
- ½ cup Mint Leaves (chopped)
- ½ Lemon (juiced)
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- Place quinoa in a saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Turn down to simmer and cover. Let simmer for 12 minutes. Remove from heat, stir with fork and set aside to cool.
- Combine grilled corn, nectarine, red onion, cucumber, cilantro and mint in a large bowl. Add quinoa once cooled.
- Prepare dressing by combining lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, sea salt and pepper.
- Drizzle salad with desired amount of dressing and serve. Enjoy!
Meat Lover: Grill up some chicken breast or grass-fed steak with your corn to serve alongside the salad. No nectarine: Used sliced peaches or plums instead. Short on Time:Replace 1 ear of corn with about 1 cup of frozen or canned corn.