Golden Beet Houmous
- 1 Golden Beet (skin on, washed)
- 1 3/4 cups Chickpeas (cooked, rinsed)
- 1 Lemon (juiced)
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 tbsp Tahini
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1/3 cup Water ice cold
- 2 tsp Sesame Seeds (optional)
- 1 tbsp Chives (chopped, optional)
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400F (204ºC). Wrap the beet in foil and bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove the beet from the oven, let it cool and then peel.
- In a blender or food processor, add the chickpeas and blend until smooth. Next, add the beet and blend again. Add the lemon, sea salt, tahini and garlic and blend until mixed together. Slowly drizzle in the water and keep blending until smooth and creamy.
- Add to a serving dish and garnish with sesame seeds, chopped chives and extra virgin olive oil, if using. Enjoy!
Leftovers: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to ﬁve days, or in the freezer for up to six months. Serve it With: Veggie sticks, brown rice tortilla chips, on a salad, in a wrap or as a sandwich spread. More Flavour: Add spices such as turmeric, paprika or nutritional yeast. Smooth Consistency: To make the houmous very smooth, pop the chickpeas out of their skins before blending.